Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Plaxo on my phone please

Thanks to Adam from Plaxo for adding a comment to my posting about phones. Seems they are offering WAP access as part of a Beta program. I went to the site, but because it’s beta and there is a “chance” I could lose info I chickened out. Adam also mentioned there is a lot of stuff coming down the pike – I’m very interested to see what they have in store.

I would love to see all my Plaxo information available as an option on my cellphone bill. I check it off and my phone and all other systems are sync’d - I would gladly pay a little charge for that each month, no problem.

I’m sure it will only be a matter of time until Plaxo makes a deal with a phone company or gets bought by one...

3 comments:

AdamTest said...

Hey Darrell,

Glad you checked out the beta stuff.

I did want to reassure you that the Plaxo Mobile Access service is rather safe... specifically because the only "write-backable" bit is the ability to mark one's tasks as complete. Everything else... contacts, appointments, notes, etc. -- it's all read-only on one's phone for now. So there's no worries about accidentally altering or erasing such data from your phone :)

Darrell Heaps said...

Thanks Adam, that makes me more comfortable. I'll definately try it out now. Do you know of any plans to integrate this with the actual address books of phones?

AdamTest said...

Darrell,

Alas, I can't give specifics on our future plans, as I'm sure you can understand... but I can say that we watch the mobile space closely and are committed to creating products and services that make our customers happy. If you have a moment, register on our forum and you'll be the first to learn of our products in beta :)