Sunday, July 03, 2005

Always know when to sell...and when to buy.

So…been quite a while since my last post on this blog. If you’re interested in what I’ve been up to outside of work you can always see on http://pain-is-weakness.blogspot.com/ .

Anyway, I came across an interview with Nathan Kaiser, CEO of Webshots in March of 2004. Shortly after this interview Webshots was acquired by CNET for $70M, but that’s not everything….
From www.paidcontent.com This is the craziest bit: the history of Webshots is very interesting: Webshots co-founders Andrew Laakmann, Narendra Rocherolle, and Nicholas Wilder sold the company to ExciteAtHome for $82.5 million in late 1999. Then, when the doomed broadband portal and access company went bankrupt, the founders back it bought from the bankruptcy court for $2.4 million in 2002. And now, they've flipped it again, for $70 million, to CNET, out of which $60 million is in cash.

These young guys (all of them in early and mid-30s) are brilliant, and crazily rich now...
Talk about making the right decision at the right time. I hadn't heard of these guys until now, but I have to say I’m impressed. I liked the interview, have a read…

No comments: