Sunday, February 27, 2005

My next phone

Yesterday afternoon I went to Best Buy, there was a lot of cool stuff there. I like visiting it every so often to drool over the latest gear. Cell phones were disappointing though. I was hoping to see the Motorola Razor, but they didn’t have one. Guess you can only get it from Rogers here in Canada.




I’ve heard that you can sync your outlook via USB on a Razor. I think this is because it runs on Windows Mobile (Here’s a bunch of smart phones that run windows mobile.) I think my next phone will have to have this, seems perfect – all the info I want (no email but that’s ok). The Treo 600 is pretty nice, but I think it’s a little big for an everyday phone. I do like the new Blackberry 7100, although I haven’t seen one in person yet so it’s hard to say how big it is.




I wonder if you could sync your outlook calendar to your phone via a web service. Something like Plaxo connected to your phone. Having a USB sync is alright, having it sync automatically would be way better. I use Plaxo and couldn't find anything about this.

If anyone knows of a service that can sync your phone contacts and calendar via the web let me know.

1 comment:

AdamTest said...

I work for Plaxo, and wanted to note that lots of cool stuff for wireless access is coming down the pike :). At present, we're offering WAP access via our Beta program (available only to members at http://www.plaxo.com/beta). Let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in our forum at http://www.plaxo.com/forum

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the details on some of the neat phones you've been checking out. My Treo 180 is on its last legs, and I'm looking for a new phone. Pity that Europe 'n' Asia always get the coolest new gadgets first, though :|